Skip to Content Skip to Menu

XSPF Profile Player

18 years 2 months ago #19004 by alistaircochrane
Replied by alistaircochrane on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
I think pointri (jeff) has pretty much got the code for this done apart from the ftp uploader. There's no point in starting from scratch what we need to do is help jeff finish his project.

I looked at artist avenue and it wasn't up to scratch.. can't remember all the reasons now but it has no front end editing only back end through the admin side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foxal
  • foxal
18 years 2 months ago #19036 by foxal
Replied by foxal on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
yes, pointri's player plugin seems to be the best solution. Maybe we can test the plugin in beta ver without ftp upload feature? Hello pointri!

• gypsydogg
  • gypsydogg
18 years 2 months ago #19240 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
Hey guys look at the post here www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,13/id,19238/#19238 . The guy that created Rockstar lottery posted something.

gypsydogg

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 1 month ago #19601 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
Hello,

My apologies for my inactivity lately. Been busy with projects not even remotely related to music and entertainment and fun and whatnot.

Think I should just scrap the FTP uploader for now, and make it work from external links? If so, I can probably get this thing out the door (finally) in a jiffy, and just put that hosting issue off until FTP has better support in Joomla 1.5.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

18 years 1 month ago #19604 by alistaircochrane
Sounds like plan.

18 years 1 month ago #19609 by alistaircochrane
Hi Jeff

I just went an got myself a dedicated server to see if I could sort this player out. I'm getting the ftp to connect but it's now saying that it can't change the directory in ftp. + some other errors.

I'm getting close I can smell it!

Does this mean anything to you? It's what joomla reports when I try to upload a file.

Passive FTP connection......Connected... Current directory : /Administrator media/mp3: Could not change directory in FTP.

Notice: Use of undefined constant userfile - assumed 'userfile' in D:\domains\allycochrane.com\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbmp3tab\mp3tab.php on line 92

Notice: Use of undefined constant userfileURL - assumed 'userfileURL' in D:\domains\allycochrane.com\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbmp3tab\mp3tab.php on line 95

Notice: Undefined variable: dts in D:\domains\allycochrane.com\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbmp3tab\uploader.php on line 98

The plan to wait for joomla 1.5 is probably a good one though. Hope i'm not being a pest.

Just using the Adminisrator user name until i figure out how to setup other ftp accounts

Cheers
Alistair

Moderators: beatnantkrileon