Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB RC2 Templates

18 years 8 months ago #5168 by sephirothVR
Replied by sephirothVR on topic Re:CB RC2 Templates
beat wrote:

sephirothVR wrote:

This shot was taken from Mozilla 1.5. It seems that both browser showed differently but i made it work best with IE.

I'm currently try to hack the CB so that the template css file will overwrite some of the settings such as tabs placements, disable the user profile page title so that can create new class for user page title in template css.

Also im trying to create template selector plugin with sample image, user-defined templates whereby all user within site can choose their preffered template. All their information shall be stored in the DB table.

As for now, if anybody can help me test out the template & help me in creating plugins for template selector, please share it with us within this forum.

- Very nice work going on on this template.

- Using inheritence and imbricated element names in CSS (like in CSS reference manuals or other examples in other CB CSS templates), you should be able to fine-tune your template without hacking: e.g.:

.classnameabc div p

- We have on purpose left the basic control of positioning things to the site admin and not to the template designer, the template should normally accomodate to the placement.

- As we use floating divs (and not tables) to place the different elements on the page, and the CB template CSS classes/ids for the positioning, you should be able to do pretty much any placement controls (like inverting left and right) in the template itself.

- Look at the generated html code and in the template css file to see how the positioning is done, without tables for accessibility (I'm very positively surprised myself that the move from tables to divs has not been a problem at all, accross all the browsers used).

- Yes, cross-browser support for the default CB templates has taken days (if not weeks) of work, as they do not all inherit in the same way. :S

- Look at the generated html code and in the template css file to see how the positioning is done, without tables for accessibility (I'm very positively surprised myself that the move from tables to divs has not been a problem at all, accross all the browsers used).

Yes, for my own website all my positioning are different but for creating a template 2 publish to other people is different story. I hope u could disable the tab positioning in the backend and let the template deisigner handle that so that it could have a fixed 1.

About the browser compabilities, thats really hard work and really hope could get lots of people testing it so that makes more perfect. But for now i try make it best for IE bcoz many users seems to use IE.

And 1 more thing, about the User-Page title, im going to create a new class and put the UserPage Title on the upper side with custom template & box.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyahoo
  • andyahoo
18 years 8 months ago #5172 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:CB RC2 Templates
Using Joomla 1.07 and IE 6.0

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/01/31 07:52

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

Attachments:

• hedingsi
  • hedingsi
18 years 8 months ago #5175 by hedingsi
Replied by hedingsi on topic Re:CB RC2 Templates
yes most of the users use ie. i am a webdesigner an now i make the sites ff compatible. most of the things that are displayed correct in Firefox are correct to in IE. an not turned around.

18 years 8 months ago #5305 by sephirothVR
beat wrote:

sephirothVR wrote:

ok, it gets more complicated. Ive tested the template changer drop down list and it works. The problem is it changes for all users template. So now i understand, i need to create a script that create a data for each user for their preferred tab. This one is hard for me to code but hope CB developer can help me with this. Besides that, it would be great if CB Stable realese got this function. If one of the CB developer read this, please response to this threat whether they intrested to do this.

- Probably a "user"-type plugin with an event handler could do the trick to associate a given CB template with a given joomla template.

- Regarding the user-dependant selection, a joomla mambot will probably be needed.

Yup, u probbaly right, the only thing is i dont know how to do it. Im not a php coder, i know a little bcoz it quite similar to vb code n read here n there on internet about php code.

Hope any1 can create this plugin.

18 years 7 months ago #7141 by sephirothVR
i have abandoned this project. I only create two templates which is woody n luna only. Seems like people dont much like templates so i think it would be nicer i do it 4 myself. Besides that i currently bz with something else.

• beat
  • beat
18 years 7 months ago #7256 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB RC2 Templates
sephirothVR wrote:

i have abandoned this project. I only create two templates which is woody n luna only. Seems like people dont much like templates so i think it would be nicer i do it 4 myself. Besides that i currently bz with something else.

Hi,

Myself have been quite surprised that very few persons either understand even CSS or dare personalizing a template. We put lots of efforst in CB templating, and have been delighted by your work here. :)

Would you agree to share with us what you did in its latest state so far before you abandon the nice work made ?

Maybe someone can advance in this directions ?

If you could maybe just attach the zip file to a post for now, would be great. ;)

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon