Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Not showing in Joomla Component Menu After Inst

• hhinman
  • hhinman
13 years 6 months ago #160573 by hhinman
Had quite an adventure installing CB on a Joomla 1.6 running on a Windows Server hosted by Godaddy. Kept timing out. Had to create a PHP5.INI file and increase some default execution timeout settings. Installed the comprofiler and it finally reported success, but after the following errors:

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: D:\hosting\4880575\html\joomla\components\com_comprofiler\views

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: D:\hosting\4880575\html\joomla\components\com_comprofiler\images

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: D:\hosting\4880575\html\joomla\components\com_comprofiler\js

Failed deleting metadata.xml
Failed deleting router.php
Failed deleting comprofiler.php
Failed deleting comprofiler.html.php
Failed deleting index.html
Error building Admin Menus
Installing component was successful.

I then ran the other three installs and each reported the following error:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant JPATH_ in D:\hosting\4880575\html\joomla\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\module.php on line 74

When I go to the Joomla Administrator Console I can see new entries in the Extension Manager "Manage" menu:

CB Login
CB Online
CB Workflows
comprofiler

All 4 have green checkmarks undern "Enabled". However, when I go to the "Components" pull down menu, there is no mention of CB as shownn in the PDF file that comes with it (one of the error messages above indicates it failed ot build the Admin menus). How do I get the menus hooked up and how can I verify if the install is a good one given the above error messages?

Thanks Much
The topic has been locked.
13 years 6 months ago #161022 by natenaterollerskate
Replied by natenaterollerskate on topic Re: CB Not showing in Joomla Component Menu After Inst
I am having a similar issue:

Admin Component menu not showing up in the backend for me either.

I'm JUST trying to get the "comprofiler.zip" file to install the admin main core for Community Builder on the Components menu for the backend. I've uninstalled it and re-installed a few times but that doesn't help.

It says it installed correctly, but I get the same error "Error building Admin Menus"

And when I uninstall it, it says "Could not delete the administrator menus"

How should I proceed to get this to work correctly? I have no issues uninstalling CB since I haven't activated it on the front end yet.
13 years 6 months ago #161086 by natenaterollerskate
Replied by natenaterollerskate on topic Re: CB Not showing in Joomla Component Menu After Inst
1.6.2 was released today. I upgraded and re-installed CB, but it still had the menu issue. Still looking.
13 years 6 months ago #161121 by natenaterollerskate
Ok, we're getting closer. The MYSQL database is still listing some things left over from the CB install, even after I uninstalled it:
Browse: (10 Rows) jos_comprofiler
Browse: (34 Rows) jos_comprofiler_fields
Browse: (0 Rows) jos_comprofiler_field_values
Browse: (1 Rows) jos_comprofiler_lists
Browse: (0 Rows) jos_comprofiler_members
Browse: (15 Rows) jos_comprofiler_plugin
Browse: (0 Rows) jos_comprofiler_sessions
Browse: (13 Rows) jos_comprofiler_tabs
Browse: (0 Rows) jos_comprofiler_userreports
Browse: (0 Rows) jos_comprofiler_views

I removed these tried to re-install but I still get the same error.
  • hhinman
  • hhinman
13 years 6 months ago #161128 by hhinman
I'm getting pretty disgusted with the lack of responsiveness - a search of the internet seems to show this as a common problem for some. 'm about to just ditch Joomla and CB and try Wordpress. Maybe they know how to write a proper setup program. This is really sad.
13 years 6 months ago #161129 by natenaterollerskate
I think it may have to do with the size of the file and the server Joomla is on. It's possible this can be solved in it's installed AFTER fully uploaded via FTP, though, I'm having trouble doing this as I'm not sure how to get that function to work properly yet.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon