• myann
  • myann
12 years 2 weeks ago #211831 by myann
the documentation says:

"By selecting this parameter the system will construct a URL that can be
used to schedule a Cron job to periodically trigger mass expiration
queries. You will also be prompted to specify the maximum number of
subscriptions to expire per cron task as illustrated in Figure 47."

I am not english, I try to do what I can to understand. I'am so sorry. I think I must clik on the link to configure the timing of the cron job.

So I do not understand what option to choose if I want the expiration to be automatic in the backend event if the users is not connected.

Can you help me please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #211847 by nant

myann wrote: the documentation says:

"By selecting this parameter the system will construct a URL that can be
used to schedule a Cron job to periodically trigger mass expiration
queries. You will also be prompted to specify the maximum number of
subscriptions to expire per cron task as illustrated in Figure 47."

I am not english, I try to do what I can to understand. I'am so sorry. I think I must clik on the link to configure the timing of the cron job.

So I do not understand what option to choose if I want the expiration to be automatic in the backend event if the users is not connected.

Can you help me please.

A CRON job is a service that is typically provided by your host.
It is basically a scheduler that is programmed to execute a specific URL at periodic intervals (example every 5 mins).

CBSubs provides the URLs needed to check/expire any subscriptions.

You need to use those URLs to configure your CRON jobs.

Please consult you hosting help-desk for further assistance.

• myann
  • myann
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #211874 by myann
Nant, Thank you so much.

I will look for it ASAP. But my problem of different hours between my backend and CBSubs (or CB) is not solved.

Would you know what happen ??
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by myann.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #211884 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Different hours in the backend and CBSubs
Backend CBSubs I believe is always UTC (no offset applied), but backend of rest of CB will apply your global offset or your users offset. You can verify this by comparing the displayed datetime to the datetime in your CBSubs database tables (see _cbsubs_subscriptions for example).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• myann
  • myann
12 years 2 weeks ago #212055 by myann
Thank you for this.

I think this is something developpers have to think about in the next release.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212114 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Different hours in the backend and CBSubs
Don't understand what there is to think about. Can you make a suggestion? How do you want it to display? How did you expect it to display?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon