Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6572] A few questions about CB Activity

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292837 by Vorak
Hello,

No post from me about problems or issues this time, just a few questions :)

First of all, I really like the new version of CB Activity and think this is a great improvement.
I do have a few practical questions about it:

- Is it possible that the user can determine the privacy of his posts? So that he can choose whether only his connections or everyone can see the post?

- When a post is made in a GroupJive group, it appears on the acitivity stream. That's great, but it doesn't show that the post actually belongs to a particular group. It would be nice if next to the poster's name it would say something like "posted in group [group name]. Using CB Auto Actions I found where stuff like this can be edited, but I don't know how to implement the group's name. I only know the substitution for the group ID but not the name.

Thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#6572] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292845 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic A few questions about CB Activity

- Is it possible that the user can determine the privacy of his posts? So that he can choose whether only his connections or everyone can see the post?

Per post, no not at this time. They can only set privacy for their activity tab on their profile using CB Privacy. After I rewrite the API in CB Privacy per post privacy controls will be possible.

- When a post is made in a GroupJive group, it appears on the acitivity stream. That's great, but it doesn't show that the post actually belongs to a particular group. It would be nice if next to the poster's name it would say something like "posted in group [group name]. Using CB Auto Actions I found where stuff like this can be edited, but I don't know how to implement the group's name. I only know the substitution for the group ID but not the name.

It should be showing that it belongs to a group, but appears the activity parsing isn't working correctly for some reason. Will fix for a new GJ build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6572

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #292858 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic A few questions about CB Activity
Hello again,

Re: privacy of posts

When I go to the profile edit in the front-end, there appears no tab for the Activity, so I can't change its privacy. On the frontend, the Activity tab does appear just fine though.

In the settings of the menu link to CB Activity, it seems that the setting "My Activity" only shows posts from myself and my connections, not from others. Is that a way to make sure that people only see the posts of their friends?

What exactly is the difference between the action-options "Activity", "Recent Activity" and "My Activity"?

Re: GroupJive posts in activity stream

Ok then I will not try to make any changes to that and wait for the fix in the GJ build.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292861 by krileon

When I go to the profile edit in the front-end, there appears no tab for the Activity, so I can't change its privacy. On the frontend, the Activity tab does appear just fine though.

You need to edit the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management then under Integrations > CB Privacy enabled privacy controls.

In the settings of the menu link to CB Activity, it seems that the setting "My Activity" only shows posts from myself and my connections, not from others.

That's working as designed. It displays the same activity as your profile tab would.

Is that a way to make sure that people only see the posts of their friends?

Yes, set Action to Activity then under the Activity tab set Asset to "connectionsonly".

What exactly is the difference between the action-options "Activity", "Recent Activity" and "My Activity"?

Recent Activity and My Activity have specific goals. Recent Activity shows all activity with the primary asset of the stream set to your profile activity. This means new posts you make on it are linked to your profile. My Activity is just your Activity tab as a URL. Activity lets you completely customize the stream however you want it with whatever Asset you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #292868 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic A few questions about CB Activity
Thanks for the information!

The Activity tab now does show up on the profile edit page.

I have tried your suggestion of the "connectionsonly" asset, and it does work. But it only shows posts of the connections, not my own. Is it possible, through the assets, to show the posts of my connection AND my own?
Or is it easier if I just use the "My Activity" action setting for that instead?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292881 by krileon

I have tried your suggestion of the "connectionsonly" asset, and it does work. But it only shows posts of the connections, not my own. Is it possible, through the assets, to show the posts of my connection AND my own?

It already does that using My Activity. My Activity is basically just forcing the asset to "user.connections,following,global". So you could use just "user.connections" or even "connections" if you wanted.

Or is it easier if I just use the "My Activity" action setting for that instead?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon