Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6572] A few questions about CB Activity

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293050 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic A few questions about CB Activity

Do you have an estimate when the fix will be released in regards to activity posts from GroupJive not saying that they are a group post and from which group?

New nightlies have been released Saturday fixing this among and a few other issues.

An additional question: what are the "notifications" supposed to show?

It's for on site notifications like Facebook and other social sites have. For now it displays nothing because nothing logs a notification. CB Auto Actions will be updated with System Actions to log notifications in a future release. For now you can either disable that display within CB Activity > Configuration > Global or create auto actions that log activity entries with an asset of "notification.USER_ID" if you want to log notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #293088 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic A few questions about CB Activity
The posts made in groups are now showing correctly on the Activity Wall, after I downloaded and installed the latest versions of Auto Actions, Activity and GroupJive.

As for the notifications, is there an estimate known as to when the new release will come that will make the notifications work automatically? Until then, I will just not use them yet.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #293104 by krileon

As for the notifications, is there an estimate known as to when the new release will come that will make the notifications work automatically? Until then, I will just not use them yet.

Nope, I'm working my way through new releases of other plugins as we speak and will get to new CB Auto Actions feature release eventually which will have system actions for logging notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 2 months ago #296553 by Vorak
Hello,

I was wondering if there was any news on the notifications yet, as to when this might become available?
If not yet for awhile, it's no problem, but I wouldn't want to miss the fact that it becomes available when it does, and I haven't enabled the notifications simply because I didn't know. Or will an email be sent out to announce when the notifications functionality is launched?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #296576 by krileon
The notifications are available, but you need to create the auto actions for them. Any activity created with an asset beginning with "notification." is treated as a notification. System Actions for them won't be implemented until I move the notifications to its own database table or figure out how I want to better structure their storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 2 months ago #296599 by Vorak
In that case, I'll just wait until everything for the notifications is completely ready and then start using it :)

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon