Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6572] A few questions about CB Activity

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #292886 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic A few questions about CB Activity
Ok, I have set it to "My Activity" instead.

I have in the meantime come up with something else:
When I post something in a GJ group that I am a member of, of course it shows up on the Activity. But apparently, my connections can also see this post even if they are not a member of that group themselves. Is there a way to change that in the settings?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292911 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic A few questions about CB Activity

When I post something in a GJ group that I am a member of, of course it shows up on the Activity. But apparently, my connections can also see this post even if they are not a member of that group themselves. Is there a way to change that in the settings?

No, not unless you use a custom stream that doesn't include activity of your connections. Access to the group is still checked however so they shouldn't see anything they can't already see.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #292913 by Vorak
So if I understand well, if a connection posts in a group that is "open", then you will be able to see it even when you're not a member of that group yourself.
However, if that same connection posts in a group that is "closed" and that you are also not a member of, you will not see it appear on the activity.
Is that correct?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292917 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic A few questions about CB Activity

So if I understand well, if a connection posts in a group that is "open", then you will be able to see it even when you're not a member of that group yourself.

Yes.

However, if that same connection posts in a group that is "closed" and that you are also not a member of, you will not see it appear on the activity.

Correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292998 by Vorak
Ok, that makes it clear, thanks for the explanation! :)

Do you have an estimate when the fix will be released in regards to activity posts from GroupJive not saying that they are a group post and from which group?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Vorak.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #293000 by Vorak
An additional question: what are the "notifications" supposed to show?

When I make a post and someone else "likes" it, the notifications still show nothing. Same when someone replies to a post I made.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon