Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6572] A few questions about CB Activity

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 2 weeks ago #297918 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic A few questions about CB Activity
Hi Kyle,
Any news on the notifications issue?
Also, how can I send system wide notifications using Auto Actions? or notifications to all members of an ACL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #297945 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic A few questions about CB Activity
What notification issue? Notifications work right now. You can use them by creating activity using CB Auto Actions and prefixing your asset with notification.USER_ID resulting in notification.USER_ID.ASSET_HERE (e.g. notification.42.photo.3). The user id after notification is the person receiving the notification. The owner of the activity is the user notifying them, which can just be themselves since there's no support for system notifications yet. Activity entries properly using the prefix will be migrated to the new notifications database table when the new API is implemented.

There is no functionality for system wide notifications at this time. That will be doable with the new API once implemented. It'll work the same way global activity works now. Basically to create a notification with asset of global and will display to all notification streams.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 2 weeks ago #297960 by timstohr
That is awesome, then we can get "Someone commented on your post" already going. However, is there any way that the notifications work in Group Jive?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #297961 by krileon

That is awesome, then we can get "Someone commented on your post" already going.

Yup, you can probably do that now with the below.

Global
Triggers: activity_onAfterCreateStreamComment
Type: Activity
User: User
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var2_user_id] Not Empty
2: [var2_user_id] Not Equal To [user_id]
3: [var3_asset] Is REGEXP /^activity\./
Action
Mode: Activity
Method: Create
Asset: notification.[var2_user_id].activity.[var2_id].comment.[var3_id]
Owner: [user_id]
Load: By Asset and Owner

Note the above is just an example and has not been tested and may need adjustments. It won't work for comments on CB Gallery photos as the asset check is just for activity comments and so is the notification asset.

However, is there any way that the notifications work in Group Jive?

Yes, same concept as the above. Take an existing asset and prefix it with notification.USER_ID and it becomes a notification. CB GroupJive and CB Gallery both have source object mapping so var2 should be their respective objects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 2 weeks ago #297963 by timstohr
Thanks, will try it immediatly. Regarding GroupJive, I was thinking of something else... I was hoping that there would be a way to replace the old school email or PM communications (which do not work anymore with the new CB Activity) and get it the internal notifications to work, ie they would say "xyz made a new post in the group ABCD"

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #297964 by krileon
User object and Variable looping is implemented in CB Auto Actions now, but CB GroupJive triggers don't contain an array of users to be notified so no that's probably not doable outside of coding that your self. I don't want to remove existing notification behavior, but the plan is to add a trigger to GJs notification function that you could then act on to store your CB Activity notification, which would then do a PHP return to cancel GJs own notification behavior. This means the parameters to control notifications would still work so users can toggle them on/off and they'd be onsite based.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon