Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6572] A few questions about CB Activity

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 2 weeks ago #297968 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic A few questions about CB Activity
Really looking forward to that (we were thinking about implementing something similar on our app). Btw the notifications for the comments work already well BUT I had to to delete the [var2_user_id] Not Equal To [user_id] condition.
For some reason, it blocked the notifications going through even though I was using two different accounts for testing. BUT now you can comment on your own posts and it still sends you a notification that you commented on your own post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #297988 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic A few questions about CB Activity

BUT now you can comment on your own posts and it still sends you a notification that you commented on your own post.

That condition is supposed to stop notifications when commenting on your own activity entry as doesn't make a lot of sense to notify you of your own comment on your own activity. Ensure under Global that User is set to User so the user object substitutions are from the viewing user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 2 weeks ago #298016 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic A few questions about CB Activity
Works... Stupid me forgot to set it to USER... Now I also know why some [var3_asset] has been returning blanks in other notifications Auto actions we have made... Thanks... Waiting then for the new API and the group notifications. Any idea when they will come out?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #298028 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic A few questions about CB Activity

Any idea when they will come out?

No idea, other plugins need releases too as I can't just work only on CB Activity. Currently working on CB Connect and planned major rewrite for CB Conditional is next to finally implement AND/OR conditioning.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon