Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tailoring CB Gallery

1 year 1 month ago #335099 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Tailoring CB Gallery
And what about gallery auto action?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago #335112 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Tailoring CB Gallery
Not sure what you're asking. The gallery action doesn't let you supply custom PHP. You'd have to do any custom PHP processing after the action in the Output parameters or chain together 2 auto actions. Will review improving the gallery action this week to be able to create an album and media at the same time and if album exists already then to just add the media to the existing album.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huguesmarcil

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago #335113 by krileon
Ok, latest CB Auto Actions release will let you create a folder at the same time as creating an item. There's a new Folder parameter in the action that lets you supply a folder id for a specific folder or a folder title. If title is supplied it will try to find a matching folder and add the item to it or create the folder with that title if one doesn't already exist then add the item to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 weeks ago #335177 by huguesmarcil
Hello Krileon it just works perfectly, thank you so much!
Now what would you suggest for my users to share their albums to other users easily?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 4 weeks ago #335178 by krileon
They should be able to just copy the URL when viewing an album and share that. If using CB Activity then you can publish the relevant system actions in CB Auto Actions to have profile gallery uploads/links show up on their activity feed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 3 weeks ago #335197 by huguesmarcil
As I understand an album can be viewed by anyone having the URL which consists of the following parameters:
domain.com/cb-gallery
?action=folder
&func=show
&id=1
&gallery=a934fb22b04dce2904e5adce9b14868b

To generate an album URL for a user I apparently just need to find the corresponding album ID and the rest of the URL can stay the same.
Am I wrong or am I forgetting something? What is the gallery parameter for (that contains a934fb22b04dce2904e5adce9b14868b)?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon