Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tailoring CB Gallery

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 weeks ago #335202 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Tailoring CB Gallery
&gallery= isn't necessary. It will rebuild the gallery from &id=. Example as follows using our demo site.

demo.cbdemosites.com/gallery?action=folder&func=show&id=5

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #335233 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Tailoring CB Gallery
Hello Kyle,
I tested a few things when sending private messages and here is what I noticed:
  • the user can upload a file and I like it! However once uploaded the owner won't find his file in his gallery because the asset value is set to pm.[pm ID] instead of profile.[user ID]
  • the user cannot just select the files or albums he wants to share with his message
  • In private message plugin configuration (admin side) there is an integration with CB Gallery which is great, but there are no options for managing albums
Easily sharing albums is what we need, if users could just click on the ones they want to share in their private message to send the link it would be perfectly satisfying for us. The user albums can be found with:
Code:
$db = JFactory::getDbo(); $query = $db->getQuery(true)  ->select($db->quoteName(array('id', 'user_id', 'title'))) ->from($db->quoteName('#__comprofiler_plugin_gallery_folders'))  ->where($db->quoteName('user_id') . ' =  :userid') ->bind(':userid', $user->id); $db->setQuery($query); $row = $db->loadRow(); print_r($row);
But how can I customize the private message form? 
Please tell me what you think
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by huguesmarcil.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 weeks ago #335237 by krileon
They're uploading media to the private message. That's not a link sharing feature. You can't share media from private messages as they're private. So if you upload while sending a private message then it's only visible in that private message. You can't create albums for private message uploads as there isn't really a point in doing so.

If they want to share public media then they can just upload it to their profile gallery and copy the album URL in their browser. There currently isn't a URL to go directly to a media entry since they're entirely accessed from the gallery itself in a modal window. There are plans to improve this with share functionality like what was done with CB Activity 6.0.0 in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 weeks ago #335238 by huguesmarcil
I understand your point and I understand that I will have to customize the private message system.
What are the files I need to edit to do so?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 weeks ago #335239 by krileon
I don't understand what you're even trying to edit. You're wanting to expose the private message uploads to the public?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 3 weeks ago #335243 by huguesmarcil
I need my users to select the albums they want to send (using checkboxes for example) to the recipient.
They may have many recipients and files. I don't want them to reupload their file each time.
The private message page is named "New Message" by  default and contains the form "pmMessageEditForm".
This is the form I want to edit.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon