Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tailoring CB Gallery

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 weeks ago #335285 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Tailoring CB Gallery
That would be the WYSIWYG editor plugin for CB Gallery. It's not really going to be designed for the PMS, but might still work. I do not know when It will be developed.

My focus right now is CB Activity 6.0.0 followed by some improvements to Joomlapolis (Joomla 4 upgrade, product page improvements, and SEO improvements) and finally starting CB 3.0 development (all that's started now is design and architecture research).

CB Gallery won't be a priority project for awhile as it's more or less stable. You're really needing custom development. I just don't see how a generic solution could be marketable and fit within your needs. You can't even do what you're asking on Facebook (which just lets you upload new media, which we already support) and many other social media sites so it's not something users even expect. We can provide custom development but it requires a Business membership as it covers custom development hours.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 week ago #335377 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Tailoring CB Gallery
Hello Kyle,
No problem for the albums links integration to PMS, I can manage it from message_edit.php.
Just a quick question: I only can edit the PMS using Javascript when WYSIWIG is set to none. What bypass solution would you suggest?

But my main question is about your API . I slightly modified the provided function and new susbcribers can complete their users fields like this:
Code:
registerUser($email_val, $username_val, $username_val , $username_val, $password_val, 0, 2, [], $urls[0], $urls[1]);
(here $urls values populate the hidden fields "URL to file#" in their accounts)
This works great when registering a new user, but what if I want to update these fields for existing users?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 week ago #335380 by krileon

Just a quick question: I only can edit the PMS using Javascript when WYSIWIG is set to none. What bypass solution would you suggest?

You would need to use TinyMCE API to interact with the WYSWIG editor.

This works great when registering a new user, but what if I want to update these fields for existing users?

Review the bottom of that tutorial as an example for updating existing users is provided.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huguesmarcil

1 year 1 week ago #335383 by huguesmarcil

Review the bottom of that tutorial as an example for updating existing users is provided.

thanks

1 year 1 day ago #335465 by huguesmarcil
Hello Kyle,
Just a quick question: how can I let new users resend themselves a confirmation link knowing Generate Registration Passwords is set to YES?
Thanks!

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 day ago #335467 by krileon
They should be able to use forgot login to generate a new password and then on login attempt should resend confirmation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon