Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• martijn189
  • martijn189
18 years 10 months ago #1486 by martijn189
Replied by martijn189 on topic Re:phpBB
the plugin file is a plugin for Community Builder RC2, just go to the plugin page on the back end of CB and install the plugin, then publish it, every new user that registers using the registration page of CB will be inserted into PHPBB and when the account is activated the PHPBB account will be too.

I am working on a solution to copy existing joomla users to phpbb because my plugin uses a unique way of handling phpbb user id's.

CB3PD Developer assistent - phpBB Connector plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crow
  • crow
18 years 10 months ago #1529 by crow
Replied by crow on topic Re:phpBB
I just can say, keep it up.

I like the method of "two" profile, one Joomla CB RC2 and other in phpbb2, i think it is hard to make one profil(or its not) anyway, when you update phpbb2 you need to watch on that files that you edit and so.
I am in progress of testing plugin(new version) i have tested older version (and they are doing their job wery well) not when option about activation is inplement that is great :))..

• phil_roy
  • phil_roy
18 years 10 months ago #1592 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:phpBB
This is interesting news but also kinda disappointing news. The phpBB forum on my site is the most active part of the site....but I use the phpBB joomla component that you can get from here...
www.joomlastuff.org/

So my forum is already integrated heavily with Joomla and although I know there's a YanC bridge into CB (I think) it's really the members of my forum who are the true members of my community....so at the moment, I’ve not started using CB at all.

Seems though like I'm going to face a bit of a problem soon...either....

1...use the phpBB component that is heavily integrated with Joomla so that there's one set of users...but have no way of integrating all aspects of my site with CB....or...

2...take the bridge approach which means two sets of users

Any advice or corrections on how I am interpreting things welcome.

Cheers,

Phil

• martijn189
  • martijn189
18 years 10 months ago #1609 by martijn189
you say two sets of users... mmm... that is not intierly true, with this connector users can register using CB registration page, and then users will be inserted into phpbb, when you go to the users profile in joomla, it shows the posts the user made in the phpbb forum.

I am working on a script that imports users from and or to phpbb, after you done that, you should hack the core files of phpbb to disable forum registrations.

Tonight i released version 0.6 of the connector, it is completly rewritten and fixed several bugs (thanks to crow).

• phil_roy
  • phil_roy
18 years 10 months ago #1613 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:phpBB
Right, but with the phpBB component, the files have been altered to point to mos_users (or jos). These are my users of the forum and of other areas of the site. I'd like to have one user base in that table and that later on, I bridge Yanc users into CB also.

Considering Adam (the guy behind the phpBB component) is also the guy behind Yanc and announced compatibility with CB a while back....wouldn't it pay to chat to him about Joomla/phpbb component/CB integration?

Phil

• martijn189
  • martijn189
18 years 10 months ago #1617 by martijn189
the user tables of Community builder come from the jos_users table, the yanc subscribers can be added.. that is no problem... If you install community builder it will sync with the jos_users table, so basicly you have 1 main user table.

maybe that another member can explain this better, i am terrible at explaing in english There a lots of ways to migrate you system to joomla, with CB and a seperate phpbb.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon