Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• phil_roy
  • phil_roy
18 years 10 months ago #1618 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:phpBB
Thanks. I appreciate your comments. I guess I need to read more and get to grips with CB, but as I mentioned in this thread....

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,20/id,515/

...it's a little hard to get a good understanding of it when the detailed guide can only be acccessed on payment. I use a lot of components that I've bought...have contributed to many of the free ones that I use...but I'm not going to pay for detailed explanations until I'm sure CB will meet my needs....which of course, I can't determine without learning more through detailed guides. Quite a vicious circle.

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mavrik42
  • mavrik42
18 years 10 months ago #1623 by mavrik42
Replied by mavrik42 on topic Re:phpBB
the way I see it both Adams phpbb component and Martijns phpbb bridge will be better suited towards different users. Me personally, I prefer Martijns approach because very few core files will need to be edited, meaning I will be able to add the phpBB mods that I require for my forum. Adams phpbb component on the other hand could interfere with phpbb mods due to the core file changes.
If you aren't wanting to install any mods on your forum then Adams might well be better due to closer integration. We will have to see after Martijn and Adam have finished there integrations before we can decide which is better for forums with no mods installed.

Earn revenue from your site. From google adsense to adding the capability for users to have images smsed to there mobile phones covered. revenuedriven.com
The forums features a revenue sharing system utilizing google adsense, create a topic today to recieve adsense clicks :) Click Here to view the forum.

• rick
  • rick
18 years 10 months ago #1770 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:phpBB
martijn189,

Any news on the script to add the jos users into the phpBB database? Or any updates at all, can't wait for more info.

Thanks

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

• martijn189
  • martijn189
18 years 10 months ago #1775 by martijn189
Replied by martijn189 on topic Re:phpBB
yes well 6 people are testing it, so if they give me feedback i can workout bugs if any, i am verry bussy with other fings, give me some more time, i posted yesterday :P

CB3PD Developer assistent - phpBB Connector plugin

• edenapple
  • edenapple
18 years 10 months ago #1994 by edenapple
Replied by edenapple on topic Re:phpBB
I am really hoping the ability to import users post(s) from JoomlaBoard will be possible for this.

I loved using phpBB before Joomla, and have always intended using it again if it was ever bridged with Joomla properly, but it will not be possible for me if I can't carry over the posts from JoomlaBoard.

• phil_roy
  • phil_roy
18 years 10 months ago #2164 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:phpBB
Just to let you know, I've had some help with the phpBB integrated component version that I mentioned earlier and how to get that working with CB. I'm testing it locally on my Mac at the moment, but it all seems to be going well....

www.joomlastuff.org/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,40/page,viewtopic/p,9869/

Phil

Moderators: beatnantkrileon