Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• phil_roy
  • phil_roy
18 years 9 months ago #2966 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:phpBB
Yes, that's going to be my issue...phpBB comes first and foremost for me and has been integrated for some time, so I'm brining in CB as an after thought...but a chap on the joomlastuff site gave me some help with getting better (but not perfect) integration between the two).

I know this sounds stupid, but I can't find the plugin in the beta plugin downloads area??

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #2967 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
I just updated it to the 1.1 beta a few minutes ago... apparently it has not been approved by the moderator yet... should be up shortly

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #2977 by geeffland
Just got a chance to check again and it looks like the plugin version 1.1 beta is now available for download.

The main difference between it and 1.0 beta is the way you define the phpbb directory.

OLD V1.0 way
1) Find Joomla Root directory
2) Go up one directory
3) go down directories per input variable in plugin

New V1.1 way
1) Find website root directory (looks at $_SERVER
2) Go down directories per input variable in plugin

This new method works easily whether Joomla is installed in the root (as Martijn had) or in a subdirectory (as I have)

Hope your enjoy, and will try to get on a user import from Joomla/CB to phpBB as soon as I can...

Anybody got a admin module (install) that would be a good template/startup for a new admin modules to do this synchronization??

18 years 9 months ago #2980 by
Replied by on topic Re:phpBB
Hi geeffland,

I believe I messed something up. I registered as a new user and the message below appeared. After I logged in the same message shows up in my profile. I changed the folder name from forum to gfrpp in the plugin. The Tab shows up, but not my forum posts in the tab. Any ideas?

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/xxx/public_html/gwfr/gfrbb/common.php on line 78

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/xxx/public_html/gwfr/gfrbb/common.php on line 78

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #3 is not an array in /home/xxx/public_html/gwfr/gfrbb/common.php on line 78

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #4 is not an array in /home/xxx/public_html/gwfr/gfrbb/common.php on line 78

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #6 is not an array in /home/xxx/public_html/gwfr/gfrbb/common.php on line 78

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #7 is not an array in /home/xxx/public_html/gwfr/gfrbb/common.php on line 78

• RSM
  • RSM
18 years 9 months ago #2981 by RSM
Replied by RSM on topic Re:phpBB
Hi,

The docs for this plugin say "Just a notice that you might want to disable forum registration directly."

Could someone please tell me how to do that? I've searched for ages through phpBB config.

TIA.

Post edited by: RSM, at: 2005/12/30 07:51

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3008 by geeffland
FerretLife,

1) Is the file path correct for the installation of phpBB? If so you should be able to go to that path without the config.php in the url and phpBB should start. (I would guess that since you are getting the array error that the path is correct)

2) Are you using Version 1.1 Beta or 1.2 Beta?

3) What version of PHP are you using? (I have 4.3.11 I think)

On line 78 phpBB is trying to merge all of the Get, POST, Cookie, SERVER, Session, Environment, and post file variables into one array... From your errors it looks like each failed to be an array. If you are getting to that line then Register_Globals must be on (same as my setup).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon