Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

• rjschad
  • rjschad
17 years 10 months ago #26828 by rjschad
I've learned a lot since this string .. and so I decided not to pursue this way of attacking the problem.

Best to All this Holiday Season!

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• treadyroc
  • treadyroc
17 years 10 months ago #26834 by treadyroc
Replied by treadyroc on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

great to see Robert of emptorum.com had made use of this baby.

Yeah, I made an attempt to navigate his site & got utterly lost in the process. :huh:

• treadyroc
  • treadyroc
17 years 10 months ago #27000 by treadyroc
Following the link that guilliam pasted on the previous page, I was able to successfully install the component on J! 1.0.11 using CB 1.0.2. It took me a lot of searching through this thread to find exact installation instructions, so here's a summary:
  1. upload & install the file as a Joomla component
  2. create your lists, as normal, though the CB list admin page
  3. to use the component's features, make a component link ito this component in whichever menu you choose, do not link to the default CB list

Notes:

To link to a specific list, I used a variation of the technique described here . The default link to the list created by this component is created like so:

option=com_cb_userslistxtd&itemid=4&action=search

To link to a specific list, I changed it, according to the post above, to something like this:

option=com_cb_userslistxtd&listid=12&action=search

The only functionality of this component which is fully operational is the one that I needed: export to Excel. Thank gawd... now my users can export & print their beloved phone list. The email form is mis-formed, with several variables displaying in place of their values. Everything displays correctly on the main list, though.

Thanks for providing the functionality I desperately needed. Unfortunately, since there hasn't been any movement on this project in just about a year, I'm going to give emptorum.com another spin, & hope it's less confusing this time around. If anyone knows of any other way to get this export/print functionality, I'd like to hear about it.

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 10 months ago #27019 by guilliam
@treadyroc, what particularly you need for the print? we have used this user list extended as a print for Identification Card for a convention. thats why its blank as name then guest at bottom. what do you want to print?

• treadyroc
  • treadyroc
17 years 10 months ago #27048 by treadyroc
Hey guilliam

In addition to all of my normal user lists, I've created a user list with nothing but phone numbers, fax numbers, etc. I'm using the Excel export function to get that to a spreadsheet which the user can then print (the "phone list" that they just have to print for some reason).

The Excel export function is actually perfect for this, because it lists the total number of users + the date the spreadsheet was created @ the bottom.

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 10 months ago #27101 by guilliam
treadyroc wrote:

Hey guilliam

In addition to all of my normal user lists, I've created a user list with nothing but phone numbers, fax numbers, etc. I'm using the Excel export function to get that to a spreadsheet which the user can then print (the "phone list" that they just have to print for some reason).

The Excel export function is actually perfect for this, because it lists the total number of users + the date the spreadsheet was created @ the bottom.

alright,.. i thought you needed the print button to work right int he front end. :)

happy holidays!

- g

Moderators: beatnantkrileon