Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

18 years 7 months ago #7001 by
Hi!
I love this component, and for this early developement status it works great! Thank you very much.

A little bug I found:

When I select "display E-Mail with mailto-link" in CB-config, I get an "not allowed" page when pushing the "send" button. With selection "link to e-mail-form", or "display e-mail only" it works fine.

What I miss is a attachment function, maybe html added. You mentioned something about improvements in your last post. Maybe the output of selected users could be in a "mailto:", so I would have the whole functionality of my mail-program... Good idea?

So please don't stop developement, I appreciate your work!

McIke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• raeldc
  • raeldc
18 years 7 months ago #7880 by raeldc
Im sorry for not responding for so long. I'll try to briefly answer your questions McIke if you still need it.

The bug you found in getting a "Not Allowed" error is not a bug at all. It is due to your permissions. Be sure you're logged in as Super Administrator.

Attachment would be great but the current framework of the component makes this hard to implement quickly. If we're gonna develop this component further, we're going to make it work with current newsletter components where you can have more control over the messages you want to send.

It would be convenient to put it on "Mailto:" but it's not a good practice since all recepients will see all other's email address which may not be good for some for privacy reasons.

-raeldc

Post edited by: raeldc, at: 2006/03/08 01:19

• McIke
  • McIke
18 years 7 months ago #7913 by McIke
Don't think, that there is a problem with permissions, i've been logged in as SuperAdmin... But that's not a problem, just changed to "link to e-mail-form" an that's it...

@attachment: As I thought! Seems hard to program. Probably the reason why I didn't found a module doing this.

@mailto: you'r right, that would be a option, that only very small sites would use - where everybody knows each other. Like mine ;-)
Was just an idea, how implementation of attachements could be realized in a simple (?) way.

Thank you very much for your answer, i'll follow this thread!

Post edited by: McIke, at: 2006/03/08 17:23

----
sorry for my english - my austrian german would be much better!

• raeldc
  • raeldc
18 years 7 months ago #7914 by raeldc
Hello McIke,

One solution I can suggest is to use the CB Login Module.

But if you solved it already then that's great.

Now I realized it's really a bug. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,
Israel

Post edited by: raeldc, at: 2006/03/08 17:30

• core2
  • core2
18 years 6 months ago #9106 by core2
This is a great contribution to CB!

I have some item for the wish list. I would like to have some extra buttons, “ban selected items” and “delete selected items” beside the “email selected items”
I guess many admin need this functionality to remove user that do not visit their site anymore by sorting a userlist by last-visit.

The next request may be a bit odd, so I guess I have to implement it my self.
I’m Webmaster for a sport-club. Everybody can register to our site. We have an annual member-fee. Our cashier keep records off paying members in excel. I would like to add a CB date field “last-payment”. Then I need an extra button “register payment”, that set this field like the date today.

(And on your demo-site I cant see the check-all button.)

Thanks!

Post edited by: core2, at: 2006/03/27 10:33

• guilliam
  • guilliam
18 years 6 months ago #9108 by guilliam
date on the exported excel you mean or on the frontend output?

- g

Moderators: beatnantkrileon