Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
18 years 8 months ago #6438 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

The problem most of you are encountering in this release is caused by an Extra CB Field where the Admin configuration is based. There is supposed to be a "Enable Mass Email", "Enable Print Button" configuration. In joomlaconsultancy demo, I added the fields manually that's why it's working. However, I was not able to include the query on the XML of the package. So sorry for that.

Taking a peak at the XML file -- it appears that there are no SQL operations made during the install.

So there's the problem, probably. Even though the XML is showing as modified on the 15th -- it apparently is still incorrect.

But that's just my guess...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• achintya
  • achintya
18 years 8 months ago #6439 by achintya
HI

I think that is right. Looking back through earlier posts, it does seem that the xml is not adding the required admin fields. I also noticed that the front end is not showing the unclickable excel icon that first appeared. So something has changed.

The download link given earlier seems to go to an empty download panel.

I tried only other file that was available and it does not work either.

achintya

• raeldc
  • raeldc
18 years 8 months ago #6441 by raeldc
guys, i think guilliam was so sleepy when he uploaded the file. :lol:

I'll try to retrieve it from my PC (im at office right now) and post it here myself.

Sorry for the troubles.

BTW, the XML doesn't have the query anymore because I also removed the component's dependence on those custom fields.

Post edited by: raeldc, at: 2006/02/16 04:01

Post edited by: raeldc, at: 2006/02/16 04:46

• raeldc
  • raeldc
18 years 8 months ago #6444 by raeldc
Alright,

here it is!!!

One problem i still have to address is that, in the List Management, you should enable Column 1 and put at least 1 field there like "Name".

Im sure it's working, I tried it in 2 Joomla installations.

Attachment cb_userslistxtd.zip not found

Attachments:

• achintya
  • achintya
18 years 8 months ago #6452 by achintya
Great to see it working and many thanks for getting the right file out so quickly.

I don't think the admin backend is working? I just get two blank screens when I select either of them. So it is not possible to make choices about what icons to display, or to manage lists?

I have displayed some lists and the results appear ok with icons to print, email etc.

I have tried the email function and keep getting 'you are not allowed to view this resource' even though I am logged in.

I have tried the print function and only the user name appears in the print screen, with the word Guest (although the user being tested is a registered user)

I think the export list function is working ok.

Also, Guillium told me that the search performed by this component is 'universal' on all core and created fields. I have tried this out and the search function seems to be identical to the CB core search function.

Can you confirm that this component performs a universal search on ALL CB core and created fields?

I think for some, the export function will be very useful, but as the other buttons do not seem to be working, it would be useful if they could be turned of via the admin backend.

Disappointed the search function seems to still only perform standard name searches.

Thanks again for your hard work producing this potentially excellent component.

achintya

raeldc wrote:

Alright,

here it is!!!

One problem i still have to address is that, in the List Management, you should enable Column 1 and put at least 1 field there like "Name".

Im sure it's working, I tried it in 2 Joomla installations.

Attachment cb_userslistxtd.zip not found

Post edited by: achintya, at: 2006/02/16 08:35

• raeldc
  • raeldc
18 years 8 months ago #6453 by raeldc
Hi achintya,

The universal search isn't working yet. But it's on the works. Guilliam is currently developing it.

However, there's a hack for the core CB that searchers all fields (with options to disable/enable at backend) here

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,5265/catid,20/limit,6/limitstart,0/

and some of my fix here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,20/id,5265#5265/ .

I'll find a way to integreate this hack to cb_userslistxtd if this is what you need.

The backend is not yet working, I'll add them when i find time.

The print function was supposed to be formatted after everything is working fine. You can only see the sample formatting. (it was supposed to be for instant ID printing).

You need a Super Administrator Account to send massmail. If you are a super admin and you still have problems, I'll check it tonight and fix it.

-Israel

Post edited by: raeldc, at: 2006/02/16 08:43

Moderators: beatnantkrileon