Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

• jholstein
  • jholstein
18 years 8 months ago #6469 by jholstein
Replied by jholstein on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL
Man I'm boggled. Ive installed this revised version, made sure to have 1 or more listings in colum 1 and checked marked it, and then when I go to the front end of the site, I see all of the listings like normal, but no exel icon, email features or anything.

Wanted to verify that others have got it working? If so, there has got to be something obvious that I'm overlooking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• raeldc
  • raeldc
18 years 8 months ago #6471 by raeldc
hmm that's strange, but make sure you create a specific link to this component on the menu manager.

• jholstein
  • jholstein
18 years 8 months ago #6481 by jholstein
Replied by jholstein on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL
see...I knew it was something obvious. That worked. Thank you very much, this is great!

• spector
  • spector
18 years 7 months ago #6927 by spector
Quick Q'

I want to use this awsome plugin to allow user to submit personal information that will not be viewable in thier profile to other users or on the member list viewable to registered users.
The only way ive been able to do this make fields viewable on an unpublished member list, and use that list as the export sheet. However, the downside to this is when filling out the fields, the icon for "this is viewable on profile" is next to those fields, which i want members to feel secure that they are not.

Does that make sense?

Basically, is there any way, or possibleity to include a way, to add fields to the export sheet, that are not needed to be viewed on a member list of any kind (so that the "this is viewable on profile" icon will not show next to the fields that are supposed to be private).

If this doesnt make sense, ill try to reword it.

thanks.

18 years 7 months ago #6930 by
Sorry I haven't updated my progress on this component until now ... after install and creating a menu link ... all my lists showed email and Excel export ... but I need a to do a little tweaking.

1. One of my lists has 70 members with about 50 fields in their profile. When exporting to Excell, all the data runs together on the first two lines of the spreadsheet. How do I cause the spreadsheet columns to correspond to the fields?

2. The seventy member list is spread over three pages on the website. Is it possible to select all members (or selective members on different pages) for email? Selecting check boxes on a the second page deletes the boxes previously selected on the first page, etc. Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanx for the app .. it's a godsend.

• raeldc
  • raeldc
18 years 7 months ago #6931 by raeldc
Hello everyone!

I'm glad you appreciate this component even if it's just on its early stages. We haven't actually continued to develop it yet but seeing you guys use it and find it useful gives me the inspiration to develop it further.

@spector

I hope I understand you correctly. Right now, the code just exports the fields that are listed with the current list. Your idea may be integrated in the future version of this component.

@rjschad

1. I don't know if I imagined your situation correctly but maybe those to lines are just "wrapped" because the row is too long? The code for Export to Excel just displays all the columns in a single row. If I'm wrong, can you please send me a screenshot? r*a*e*l*d*c*at*g*mail.com. Thanks.

2. This is one of the limitations of this component as of now. I'll improve the mass mail on the next version and maybe integrate it with a massemail joomla component like YANC. The current massmail function is actually just a quick implementation to satisfy the requirements of our client.

I really want to develop this component further, but I'm also waiting for the next version of CB, perhaps there might be things there that can make CB add-ons easier.

Thanks a lot!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon