Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• martijn189
  • martijn189
18 years 9 months ago #3201 by martijn189
Replied by martijn189 on topic Re:phpBB
@RSM :

Our project website is perfectly reachable. You have to join the project to become a beta tester...

So if you want to have the 1.0.2 version in a few days please join our effort by joing the project at: developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/phpbb_connector

Post edited by: martijn189, at: 2006/01/05 11:32

Post edited by: martijn189, at: 2006/01/05 11:33

CB3PD Developer assistent - phpBB Connector plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3217 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
Anymore issues with reaching that page?? Martijn is the expert on that end but I think we are both just learning how to use that site and setup the permissions correctly...

The more the merier!!

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3218 by geeffland
One small update... I have been testing this with phpBB 2.0.18 but I did a quick difference on the sessions.php file between 2.0.19 and 2.0.18 and it looks like the same file I have included in the ZIP should work... the files look identical... so you can either FTP up the fixed sessions.php or make the changes listed in the readme.doc (or readme.pdf) also in the ZIP file.

• wshealy
  • wshealy
18 years 9 months ago #3231 by wshealy
Replied by wshealy on topic Re:phpBB
Thanks for the info!
I had used the phpbb bridge to intergrate phpbb into my mambo site. And really liked the the fully intergrated feel. I wasn't so fond of the approach that modified mambo to use phpbb user table and so much of the core.

So this time I followed the directions in the plugin help file. Installed phpbb from scratch made all the changes. It and the plugin work fine.

Yes, you can add a URL link to a menu and "jump to the forum." However, it feels like you have jumped to another site logon and all. In effect you have it isn't intergrated. I went looking for a module to "intergrate" phpbb into joomla. That is when I found com_forum_install. Having had the experience with phpbb bridge and not wanting to trash my tables. I skipped the install link hoping I could add a componet to my menu and with parameters set the location of phpbb. Nope no such luck.

My users are for the most part not tech people. I really want the power of phpbb and the intergration of joomlaboard. It would be nice it was actually "wrapped" in joomla assuming the joomla theme, not having to log on, looking and feeling like one system. Joomlaboard scores high here but doesn't have the power of phpbb.

I added my phpbb id# 1 to my already exisiting CB profile. Now phpbb say I have 2 post and the plugin says 0. I am using the .19 release of phpbb. I added another user and made a post. That post shows up on the tab: ::scratches head::

I'm less confused but no closer to a solution. Hope I didn't just ramble here.
Thanks!
W

Post edited by: wshealy, at: 2006/01/07 04:01

W

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3261 by geeffland
W,

I think right now the best I can offer for an "integrated" feel is for you to use the wrapper that is included with Joomla... Instead of doing a URL link you can choose Wrapper and then enter the phpBB URL into the Wrapper URL (or Link... can't remember what it calls it).

On the phpBB ID... Have you verified you set the right number there? If you have access to the database you can look in the phpbb_users table and verify that the username you are expecting has the user_id that matches what you put into the cb_phpbbid (field in jos_comprofiler)

Not sure on your phpBB setup but on mine user #1 is not in my table... the admin is #2 with Anonymous as -1. Please check that and let me know what you find. Also curious with your phpbb id set to 1 does it log you into phpBB when you log into Joomla (won't take you to phpBB but should start the session so that once you go to phpBB you are logged in... with the exception of timeouts that might log you off)

Greg

• crow
  • crow
18 years 9 months ago #3266 by crow
Replied by crow on topic Re:phpBB
How is going on user import joomla>phpbb? Is there any test build(i checked joomlaforge there isnt any).
My friend write me some script thnx "perrohunter" that could be used as import option.
FOr this you need phpmyadmin to paste code in your database where is forum located, in pbpbb_users table.
THe file is called "reader.php" it read from joomla db users and give in html page rezult wich you need to "Select All","Copy" and then paste in phpbb_users "SQL" field.
It only have problem with Date of registration(i think the time need to be cut off (but i dont know how)..

Here is code:
[code:1]
<?

mysql_connect("localhost","test","test"«»);
mysql_select_db("test"«»);
$result = mysql_query("select * from jos_users"«»);
while($r=mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$jid=$r["id"];
$jusername=$r["username"];
$jpass=$r["password"];
$jmail=$r["email"];
$juserregdate=$r["registerDate"];
echo "INSERT INTO `phpbb_users` ( `user_id` , `username` , `user_password` , `user_regdate` , `user_email` )
VALUES ('$jid' , '$jusername', '$jpass', '$juserregdate' , '$jmail'); <br>";
}
?>[/code:1]
Cant wait to see that 1.0.2 build from screenshot :))

Moderators: beatnantkrileon