Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3010 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
RSM,

That note is there to make sure that you don't have people register for the forum that are not registered in CB.

This is not a problem if you want that setup. The note mainly remains just as a warning. In the original versions of the plugin it used the same user_id for phpBB as CB was using. In that older scenario if a user registered in phpBB without registering in CB the user_id numbers would conflict... This is not an issue anymore. We now tage the CB profile with the phpbb ID that matches the next empty spot in the phpbb_users table.

Unfortuneately, if you want to turn registration off you either have to hack phpBB's core files (at least 1 anyway) or install a mod to do that for you...

If you manually want to hack their registration form to redirect to the CB registration follow these steps:

1) Open phpBB's profile.php file (located in their main directory)
2) In their file (do a search for "register" without the quotes)... near line 100 you should see

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/usercp_register.'.$phpEx);

replace it with the following code (changing URL to your site)

if (@preg_match('/Microsoft|WebSTAR|Xitami/', getenv('SERVER_SOFTWARE')))
{
header('Refresh: 0; URL=" mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers "');
echo '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=" mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers ">Redirect

If your browser does not support meta redirection please click mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers ">HERE to be redirected
';
}
else
{
// Behave as per HTTP/1.1 spec for others
header('Location: mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers ');
}

This is similar to a hack I tried... just combined into profile.php file... I have the second line in a seperate php file that I redirected to...

Hopt this helps

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3011 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
Sorry duplicate post

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2005/12/30 19:27

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 9 months ago #3015 by FerretLife
Replied by FerretLife on topic Re:phpBB
Hi geeffland,

1) Directory to phpBB: gfrbb
I replaced the word "forum", since I am already using that name for a folder, with "gfrbb" in the plugin. I am just supposed to put the name of the folder containing phpbb, correct? I can access the forum fine directly from the address bar.

2) I am using 1.1 Beta. I grabed it as soon as it became available here. I don't see 1.2 Beta available from the download section.

3) I am running:
php 4.1.13-standard
mysql 5.0.4
Joomla! 1.0.4
safe mode off
register_globals on
My site is in a subdomain

• RSM
  • RSM
18 years 9 months ago #3047 by RSM
Replied by RSM on topic Re:phpBB
Geeffland ...

Works a treat! Thank you. Now to try and port over my 813 Joomla/Simpleboard users.

B)

• RSM
  • RSM
18 years 9 months ago #3072 by RSM
Replied by RSM on topic Re:phpBB
Geefland,

Hope your enjoy, and will try to get on a user import from Joomla/CB to phpBB as soon as I can...

That would be great! Thanks in advance!

• martijn189
  • martijn189
18 years 9 months ago #3074 by martijn189
Replied by martijn189 on topic Re:phpBB
I am working on the user export function at the moment, can everyone that is willing to help please send an E-mail to webmaster@stargate-sg1.nl with the following information about their system:

- What is the user_id of your admin user in phpBB.

Whell that is all the info i need for now... your help is greatly appreciated.....

regards, martijn

CB3PD Developer assistent - phpBB Connector plugin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon