Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3279 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
Crow,

First thanks for signing up as a beta tester... Since this is my first project on developer.joomla.org I am curious as to what you can see in the project area...

On the import it is going pretty well... I think I have it mapped out for what we need to do I just need to find the time to work on it... We have had quite a bit of activity on the source code side but have not made a build recently... I expect we should have one sometime within the next week or so..

We have made it a little more robust by checking usernames in phpBB when registering or updating, hooked up event so that when the user "forgot password" we can update the passwords in both phpBB and CB, cleaned up the delete user function so that if the plugin is set to delete only the user and that user had posts it will now rename the user to *username and set them to inactive... so it does not remove their posts and so it does not screw up the posts of others... phpBB seems to be picky on if a user or post is missing that is referred to in a topic then the topic does not show up... In the future we will probably add a rank of "Deleted User" to also tag the username with...

Martijn has worked on setting us up with a control panel with tabs that we link to from the plugin. This control panel will give stats on the users that are correctly linked, those that are ready to import or export (to or from phpBB) and those that have username interferences in the two user tables (i.e. same username, different password and probably will check email address as well)

Will let you know when we have more for testing... We generally are the first guinea pigs so we don't pass the pain around to others... But we should be close to another beta release with import/export capabilities.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wshealy
  • wshealy
18 years 9 months ago #3294 by wshealy
Replied by wshealy on topic Re:phpBB
Greg:
I'm sticking with the external link for now wrapper crops phpbb too much.

I checked the phpadmin user table and you are correct the id is not the same as # in the user list. I corrected mine (2)admin and it works. However, in the process I discovered that apparently the last user in the table does not get logged in or show post in tab. I had added a test user (3) and it is now having the problems I was having earlier. I'll add more next time and see if this one shows after adding 4.
W

W

• crow
  • crow
18 years 9 months ago #3295 by crow
Replied by crow on topic Re:phpBB
Geeffland, np i was beta tester of CB 1.0 RC2 and Martijn first alpha relese of phpbb_connector. I like to test new stuff.

In developer section i can only see File Releses, for source code(cvs,or svn) i cant see it sey Permission Denide.

Goot to hear that import is going very well, and that is mapped good. As soon as you relese new public beta it will be sooner finished. As bug (if any) will reported and fixed, and FINAL relese come shortly :).

Deleting user and his post caused a lot of problem, as deleting whole TOPIC etc.. I have reported that to Martijn long time. Leveing post, and adding "Removed User" under his username is enought.

Good to hear that Martijn have mede STATS tab, as we need this to see if users are corrected transfered to phpbb(good feature).

I cant wait to see new relese and test it, as i badly need to have forum on my site :).
Keep up good work, and THNX to you and Martijn.

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3677 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
Hate to give all of you waiting on this plugin some bad news, but I am starting to get swamped with some of my other non-computer responsibilities at the moment... so the release I was planning on having ready this week may be a couple of weeks out.

I think the code is coming up real nice just am running out of time to work on it... While I am not as active on it I think Martijn is going to try and split our control panel into a yy.php and yy.html.php file to make things easier to edit the html code...

So hopefully when I get some more time we will have it cleaned up and ready to add the final touches for a next beta release...

Better go... Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

• wingy
  • wingy
18 years 9 months ago #3780 by wingy
Replied by wingy on topic Re:phpBB
I have installed both Joomla 1.0.4 and PHPBB 2.0.18, and then the beta 1.1 version of phpbb plugin for CB.

The installation went fine. If I go to a user's profile, I can see the user's posts.

But how do I access the forums through Joomla? Is there a component that shows the forum within the Joomla template, and pass on the log in?

Right now, if I access the discussion forum directly, outside Joomla, phpbb doesnt recognize the logged in Joomla user.

So, is there a way to wrap phpbb within Joomla, so that the session is continued transparently?

Thank you for the great work!

• wingy
  • wingy
18 years 9 months ago #3783 by wingy
Replied by wingy on topic Re:phpBB
wingy wrote:

I have installed both Joomla 1.0.4 and PHPBB 2.0.18, and then the beta 1.1 version of phpbb plugin for CB.

The installation went fine. If I go to a user's profile, I can see the user's posts.

But how do I access the forums through Joomla? Is there a component that shows the forum within the Joomla template, and pass on the log in?

Right now, if I access the discussion forum directly, outside Joomla, phpbb doesnt recognize the logged in Joomla user.

So, is there a way to wrap phpbb within Joomla, so that the session is continued transparently?

Thank you for the great work!

To be more precise, should I use some specific cookie name and path in phpbb configuration? I have installed the above components successfully, but if I log on to Joomla, and visit the forum, I am not logged on to the forums already. I have to log on separately for the forum. I wonder if the joomla cookie isnt accepted by phpbb.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon