Skip to Content Skip to Menu

we are looking for mikko the APC plugin developer

• extinks
  • extinks
16 years 8 months ago #54898 by extinks
hi everyone, i am one of the people who purchased the APC plugin, from mikko, www.mikkosoft.fi , we are looking for him as he has not been responsing to his helpdesk for quite some time, we needed to modify some of the IP address on his licensing server,

anyone knows where he is now? i checked his profile here in joomlapolis and it seems that he has not been checking in also for quite some time,

NOTE: we moved to a different server, the effect is, his APC license was disabled and we needed to modify the IP on his system, A temporary fix we made is to download a 30 day trial license, I hope mikko would reappear soon, before the time is over.
The topic has been locked.
  • campfire
  • campfire
16 years 7 months ago #58219 by campfire
Same here! If he can't provide support for his sales... give it for free!!! We will manage to figure it out as a community!?!?

His website front page states:

"Status report

Returning from short Christmas break to work took a surprising turn when I got a promotion and was ordered to participate a growth program for Finnish software firms as a part of my university job. Starting up things took all available time and what I initially thought to be a few days of being busy turned out to be a couple of weeks.

Now things are looking better and I have time to tend mikkosoft.fi again. Taking care of the support tickets and forum posts will take some time, but I expect that we are back on next business day support at the beginning of February."

March is now here!!! Where is Mikko????????
16 years 7 months ago #58942 by bishopsdaughter
Replied by bishopsdaughter on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
The same for me!!!!!
I've changed my domain a month ago. He made the changes without any reply. But it doesn't work. Today's the day I have to solve it for the second time with the trial-version although I'm the owner of a full-license-key. Even the trial-version needed several tries until it worked.
What's up with Mikko?
  • mikko
  • mikko
16 years 6 months ago #59517 by mikko
Hello All. As I posted on my site (see www.mikkosoft.fi/ ), I had a surgery earlier this month and recovering took longer than I expected. I did not initially post an announcement about this operation, since I thought that I would be able to work during my sick leave, but I was not.

Currently I am OK and giving support again, but it will take a moment to process all the support tickets and forum posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For the future, I am recruiting some more people so that the operations of my site would not so much rely on a single person.

Moreover, the 1.1 version of APC will not contain the IP locking, and domain locking will be on a second level domainname only (This means that anything.mysite.com will work with one license).

Mikko
16 years 5 months ago #61489 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
Hi Mikko, I have just paid for a license from your site for use of the APC component. I cannot even install this feature as the license key is not activated. I cannot log into your website to send a help desk ticket as you must have your registration set to authorise...........
This is quite frustrating buddy. I understand the need to protect your business and I have no problem paying for programming that works, but to not even have access to it after paying for it legitimately is a little weird. Please PM me or activate me or something......

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................
16 years 5 months ago #61672 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
Hi Mikko. I have been reading these forum posts am hoping that I can get a response a little quicker than some of the other folks. I paid for a license 3 days ago and still cannot enter the license key into my website. It would be great to get some action on this please, my client is putting pressure on me to get this part of their website finished. I keep getting this piece of script whenever I enter the key code from the Iono downloads page:

No key file detected

Product registration failed: License disabled - Please contact support.
Advanced Profile Control product registration

Advanced Profile Control must be registered before you may use the product. When you register a license to be used on this site, the software contacts a licensing server which locks the used license to the IP address and hostname displayed below. If you have multiple IPs, or wish to move your site, please contact mikkosoft.fi

I have done my part of the deal by supporting you in paying for your component after investing many hours researching a solution to a situation that I thought your product offered. My understanding of the concept of the open source community was that we all operate honorably and sincerely, and offer each other help and support to create this sense of community rather than traveling down the pathway of the almighty dollar. I am more than happy to pay for programming and skills, but if I am going to operate in that world I expect to have a fair trade. I think that 3 days is a little long for access to a product. If you are making money out of this Mikko then please respect those that are supporting you by at least acknowledging them, or remove the forced payment option. I would have been happy to pay a donation (like I did for Community Builder) as a good product will get all the support it needs from the open source community - both financially and operationally.

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................
Moderators: beatnantkrileon