Skip to Content Skip to Menu

we are looking for mikko the APC plugin developer

• nzimas
  • nzimas
16 years 1 month ago #73821 by nzimas
royce wrote:

There is a open source version of the software floating around, but its not working on my development site.

Did you ever manage to make it work?
I happen to have a copy of that version and can't make it work either.
This is at the very least frustrating :(

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
The topic has been locked.
16 years 1 month ago #73848 by joomlashake
Replied by joomlashake on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
hi @ all,

we are new at joomlapolis.com, but have followed the apc discussion for a while.

At the moment we are developing a new component (PROMA) to enhance cb 1.1 and create different profiles etc.. But it needs some more days to be finished.

Now we have noticed, that mikkos license server is down since tonight and all sites, where apc is installed, have trouble.

Therefore we will give out a rescue set in the next hours, so you can go on with your sites without to shut down, until our new component will be finished.

You will find a download link at www.joomlashake.com soon.

Regards

joomlashake
  • nzimas
  • nzimas
16 years 1 month ago #73849 by nzimas
It appears that Mikko has put the licensing server back online.
Doesn't cure the cancer, but allows us to bear with it on morphine for a while.

Good luck with PROMA. We badly need a component like that licensed in a less dependable and restrictive manner!

Btw, if anyone has trouble with the licensing server, you better know your key code or retrieve it from mikkosoft.fi/iono/

Nuno.

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
  • beat
  • beat
16 years 1 month ago #73852 by beat
@all: I have been in contact with Mikko. He is aware of the unacceptable situation and told me that he is working to cure it. First step was to restablish his license server. He also told me that he will announce more himself when he is ready. :)

@joomlashake: Thanks for jumping in and offering help to the community. :)

@nzimas: Thanks for the update and for the sound advice :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
  • royce
  • royce
16 years 1 month ago #73862 by royce
@nizmas: Yes, I did get it to work on our development system. It seems to be working fine with no license restrictions.

I also had the same problem on our production system yesterday when the APC license server went down. I had no choice but to copy the open source version of APC from our development system to our production system.

This has been a total fiasco on Mikko's part. We purchased at least 2 licenses of the product that became unusable when we had to change our domain and could not update the license server.
16 years 1 month ago #74258 by robkristie
Replied by robkristie on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
Joomlashake...
Is Proma going to be developed for CB 1.2 as well? If not, would you make the code available for someone to do the work?
Moderators: beatnantkrileon