Skip to Content Skip to Menu

we are looking for mikko the APC plugin developer

• jlsaloff
  • jlsaloff
16 years 5 months ago #61736 by jlsaloff
I currently own two licenses for Mikko's Advance Profile Control, one has never worked, the other is having an issue. I may go to the trial version on the non-working one which would give a temporary fix so I can satisfy a customer. Maybe someone here can help with the issue on the other one.

My APC (and whole site) was working fine, not any issue whatsoever. Then the site started having some odd things happening. The first thing I noticed was something causes my APC to turn itself off. I have resorted to checking it 4-6 times a day - about 1 out of 3 it will be off.

I tried updating my Joomla from .12 to .15 - but that didn't help. I am wondering if some other plugin or module is conflicting with it, but don't know enough about how things work to know what might be happening or why it would work fine then stop working.

At the same time the APC started turning itself off, I had some other odd things start to happen. My WYSIWYG suddenly wouldn't let me access my main images folder. I tried updating that from Pro2 to Pro3, but that didn't fix it. Then my login locked up. My tech said it was an "Ajax" problem, but when he fixed that, it didn't solve the other problems with the APC and the WYSIWYG. When I browse the site with Firefox, I'm getting errors that seem to stem from my template, but I don't know why that would conflict with APC.

The site is www.polkadotbanner.com
The topic has been locked.
16 years 5 months ago #62740 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
Hi everyone. It has been quite a while since anyone has heard from Mikko. Is there any way that this component can be hacked to work? Or what about the earlier versions? Are they able to be used with 1.1 comm. builder? It seems odd that no-one else has built a component to compete with this one. My rough calculations are that based on my invoice number Mikko has made about 63000euro off this component. Not a bad return really...........I was happy to pay for this, in the beginning. Not so happy now as the money went from my account straight away and I am still waiting for it to be activated. I keep getting a error message stating

"No key file detected.Product registration failed: License disabled - Please contact support."

I would love to contact support Mikko!!!!!!
I really need a component like this to make the site I am working on function properly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................
  • nzimas
  • nzimas
16 years 3 months ago #67774 by nzimas
Don't wanna sound macabre or anything... but, is this buddy alive?

I have an unencrypted early alpha of APC, oderately functional.
Perhaps i should hand it over to the community.
I know nothing about Mikko since last April.

Nuno.

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
16 years 3 months ago #67874 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
Can you define moderately functional? Do you have an example of this working on a site that we can go to and experience. I am still bashing my head against a wall looking for a way to resolve this issue months on.........

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................
  • sa247
  • sa247
16 years 2 months ago #69226 by sa247
I do respect Mikko and think he is very talented and has brought some great contributions to the table especially with APC plugin, we have three licenses and was looking for a fourth but with Mikko in AWOL we are unfortunately in limbo with a new project.

Since mikkosoft.fi appears to have been taken down - we now have no way of even looking at previous support questions and answers....

Mikko if you are not willing to continue with the project can you not at least release the code so someone can continue where you left off?
  • sa247
  • sa247
16 years 2 months ago #69227 by sa247
nzimas wrote:

Don't wanna sound macabre or anything... but, is this buddy alive?

I have an unencrypted early alpha of APC, oderately functional.
Perhaps i should hand it over to the community.
I know nothing about Mikko since last April.

Nuno.

About a week ago i saw that he was online on his forum board, i also came across something saying he is speaking publically at a non joomla event in Finland sometime in August...
Moderators: beatnantkrileon