Skip to Content Skip to Menu

we are looking for mikko the APC plugin developer

• mrsoul
  • mrsoul
16 years 1 month ago #74984 by mrsoul
"provided that no personal slander or inappropriate language is used, of course."

Calling us kids is quit personal, agree?
The topic has been locked.
  • mrsoul
  • mrsoul
16 years 1 month ago #74985 by mrsoul
"Their rationale seems to be "if the scam worked for Mikko, it may work for us as well"-

Really sad."

This is solely your own interpretation, we are here to help as we were victims ourselves by the licensing issues of Mikko's piece of software. This has been our main aim for developing Proma, we have used functions from APC to help people being able to continue using their sites where APC was installed and people praise us for that, I don't see anything wrong with that. If you have problems with licensing issues, address them to the thousands of script coders that are using those as well and I wish you luck with your ventures, but bashing based on the fact that you personally have a problem with that is not a reason to call us kids on the forum or that our aim is based upon greed which it isn't, you could have given us constructive criticism but have neglected to do so.

Post edited by: mrsoul, at: 2008/09/20 10:17
  • nzimas
  • nzimas
16 years 1 month ago #74987 by nzimas
@joomlashake,

My case is made and you even acknowledge to it in the most important aspects.
There's no difference between your approach and Mikko's, except that you promise to be more responsible than he was, which, once again, leaves me wondering why would you be more trustworthy.
This totally sounds like a clasical military junta psot coup mambojambo.
The coup is accomplished, democracy is promised om paper just to be denied in practice.

We don't need a new Mikko promising to be a better professional than him. We simply need developers committed to an open and non-dependable licensing policy, whether they give it way for free or ask for a fee.

If you have suffered in your own flesh how restrictive licensing, encrypted code and paranoid key validators suck, then you should come forth to set an example. This first hand knowledge alone should be enough to make you realize how open source really matters. Again, whether free or commercial, because free software, as you may know (and benefit from) is not mainly about price, but FREEDOM.

To anyone following this debate, please nmake sure to fully understand what PROMA's EULA is all about before purchasing anything.

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
  • nzimas
  • nzimas
16 years 1 month ago #74988 by nzimas
mrsoul wrote:

"provided that no personal slander or inappropriate language is used, of course."

Calling us kids is quit personal, agree?

Did you feel personally targeted? :)
No need.
I obviously meant that your biz model, being no different than Mikko's, conveys a childish attitude.
Where's the slander in that statement?

• mrsoul
  • mrsoul
16 years 1 month ago #74990 by mrsoul
Nope, on the contrary I was just referring to the fact that you did personal slander though you say you haven't. Besides the licensing of Mikko rendered the whole frontend of the sites unusable ours differs from that. The scipt will work even without a license key, it only restricts administration functions.

Post edited by: mrsoul, at: 2008/09/20 10:59
  • nzimas
  • nzimas
16 years 1 month ago #74991 by nzimas
mrsoul wrote:

If you have problems with licensing issues, address them to the thousands of script coders that are using those as well

And you start showing some respect to the other thousands of OPEN SOURCE coders and beta testers who have **VOLUNTARILY** made your own work possible. I can give you some hints for the thank you list: PHP, MySQL, Joomla, Community Builder... :)
Even Mikko himself has released several innovative CB plugins long before the APC drama, all licensed under the GPL. Plugins which are behind APC, by the way. Moreover, irresponsible as he was (for reasons we are still to know), Mikko is worth heaps of credit for his vision and contribution. Too bad he has chosen, just like you, the easy and short term pocket filling policy.

In a nutshell. Proma is the newest incarnation of a gangrene Mikko has open out of misunderstanding (i actually know some of the reasons that made him become so overly "protective" of APC from Mikko himself back in March / April 2007).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon