Skip to Content Skip to Menu

we are looking for mikko the APC plugin developer

• extinks
  • extinks
16 years 1 month ago #72005 by extinks
i think the aliens took him to work in mars. :angry:

i checked out joomladevil, nothing is posted on the page, it's a blank homepage.

i am also trying to fix my apc license. does joomladevil's apc work in joomla 1.0 version?
The topic has been locked.
  • darb
  • darb
16 years 1 month ago #72258 by darb
nzimas wrote:

Time to speak out.

Put it straight, Mikko Ronkko has coded the best CB add-on under the wrong license (property), encrypted the code, set up a paranoid licensing system, had some health issues about 5 months ago, apparently recovered from them and went on the..

Nuno.

Post edited by: nzimas, at: 2008/08/11 09:42

This is exactly the problem with the encrypted software and "one man show" as I call it.

Site owners should consider those Joomla add-ons as "second best" if they go for it. Trust is created over time and following those 3pds now I can say which one you trust and which one is "out".

The problem ie encrypted software is not only for practical problems running it.

You also have no future support guarantees at all if he/she disappear.
The code is encrypted so you cant do anything to modify it you depend on the developers good will.
There is no guarantee of long term responsibility from the coder to act for updates, conformity, future releases etc.

What happens if he/she dies? or is sick ? or...?

I have the same problem with 2 other Joomla add-ons to so this is the problem with "one man show" a n d encrypted Joomla add-ons.

I pay for it but have waited now 9 months for it to get delivered for the J 1.5 native version.:evil:

So my advice - stay away from encrypted Joomla add-ons especially if it "one man show"!
16 years 1 month ago #73691 by flyingwombats
Replied by flyingwombats on topic Re:we are looking for mikko the APC plugin develo
Mikko's website has changed... It has gone from nothing to "Under maintenance -Mikko"

www.mikkosoft.fi/

Does this mean he's back? Does anyone know?

Mikko, if you are OK, please let us know...
  • nant
  • nant
16 years 1 month ago #73692 by nant
flyingwombats wrote:

Mikko's website has changed... It has gone from nothing to "Under maintenance -Mikko"

www.mikkosoft.fi/

Does this mean he's back? Does anyone know?

Mikko, if you are OK, please let us know...

Beat and I finally contacted him.

He should post a message when he is ready.
  • piegus
  • piegus
16 years 1 month ago #73697 by piegus
Great news. I can't wait :)
  • nzimas
  • nzimas
16 years 1 month ago #73809 by nzimas
nant wrote:

Beat and I finally contacted him.

He should post a message when he is ready.

Looks like his answer as come in the form of extra mayhem.
Probably due to the fact that the license server was taken down, APC has just rendered one of our major sites unusable.

[code:1]Fatal error: Call to undefined function getmambotdir() in /var/www/web1/web/administrator/components/com_advancedprofilecontrol/advancedprofilecontrol.class.php on line 123[/code:1]

It was working perfectly before his server / hosting account was suspended, therefore i think it is license related. Nothing was changed in that site.

Great, just f-word great!

I am just paralyzed by anger. This is too surrealistic to be true.

Nuno.

Post edited by: nzimas, at: 2008/09/09 22:30

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
Moderators: beatnantkrileon