Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• TUSE
  • TUSE
18 years 8 months ago #4594 by TUSE
Replied by TUSE on topic Re:phpBB
I installed phpbb today and with the mod and instructions got it up and running smoothly and fairly fast.. I have one issue now.. I cannot get to the phpbb admin section now. It just shows a blank screen and nothing more.

Is this a common issue?

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 8 months ago #4595 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:phpBB
I haven't checked our board, but I doubt that would be the case. That would essentially mean that once PHPBB was integrated with CB, you'd lose control of the PHPBB admin forever. Doesn't seem reasonable.

Roger

• phil_roy
  • phil_roy
18 years 8 months ago #4596 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:phpBB
Tim you don't say if you are using the Joomla component version of phpBB or the standalone one. If it's the integrated one from joomlastuff.org there seems to be a few issues with the latest version, including some people sayin they can't access the admin area (which you do via the forum area and NOT inside joomla by the way).

Phil

• TUSE
  • TUSE
18 years 8 months ago #4597 by TUSE
Replied by TUSE on topic Re:phpBB
I am using the plugin phpbbconnector version 1[1].0.1, Joomla 1.03 stable and CB 1.0 RC 2. and phpbb 2.0.19

If I create an account thru CB and access the forums and try to access the phpbb amin it tells me I am not authorized. If I log out and try to log in, I just get a blank page..

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 8 months ago #4627 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
You should still be able to reach the admin area. My personal setup is for phpBB 2.0.18 so I can't say for 100% whether a 2.0.19 version is the issue... But this should not be a common issue...

When you talk about the mod... are you referring to the sessions.php mod listed in the README document? or a MOD for changing the registration or profile buttons? Assuming it is the sessions.php file you can PM me the text of that file and I will peek at it.

Also, for further follow-up, do you have access to the database tables via phpMyAdmin (or similar) If you do you can verify (or change) the 'user_level' field for that particular user in the 'phpbb_users' table... it should be set to 1 for administrators...

Hope this helps,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

• nEEE
  • nEEE
18 years 8 months ago #4634 by nEEE
Replied by nEEE on topic Re:phpBB
just wanted to say, im using 2.0.19 and i can acess the admin panel just fine. so i dont think its a version issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon