Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 9 months ago #3786 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB
The readme file in ZIP file has some info... but basically as long as you publish the plugin and make sure the forum path is correct the rest is automatic...

Do you see the posts in the user's profile?

As far as linking you can either do a URL link (say to a new window) or use the Joomla wrapper to show it in the main body of the site. Depending on your template, the wrapper can make your phpBB look funny... especially if you have a wide title or graphic at the top of you phpBB page.

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wingy
  • wingy
18 years 9 months ago #4014 by wingy
Replied by wingy on topic Re:phpBB
geeffland wrote:

The readme file in ZIP file has some info... but basically as long as you publish the plugin and make sure the forum path is correct the rest is automatic...

Do you see the posts in the user's profile?

As far as linking you can either do a URL link (say to a new window) or use the Joomla wrapper to show it in the main body of the site. Depending on your template, the wrapper can make your phpBB look funny... especially if you have a wide title or graphic at the top of you phpBB page.

Thanks a lot, I made it work. It shows the posts too I think, I'll check and let you know.

By the way, has this been tested with the latest phpbb - 2.0.19?

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 9 months ago #4019 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:phpBB
Can you click on the avatar in PHPBB and go to the user's CB profile? I assume not, since PHPBB is either wrapped or appears in a new window. Yes or no?

Can someone compare, feature for feature, the PHPBB integration with CB versus the Joomlaboard integration?

Roger

• phil_roy
  • phil_roy
18 years 9 months ago #4022 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:phpBB

Can someone compare, feature for feature, the PHPBB integration with CB versus the Joomlaboard integration?

This thread is 16 pages long already...maybe you want to start a new thread about that?

Phil

18 years 9 months ago #4023 by mholtzclaw
Replied by mholtzclaw on topic Re:phpBB
I have had the opportunity to install the phpBB connector and have encountered some issues.... wondering if someone can comment on my setup to see if it is possible:

joomla: 1.0.7
phpBB2: 2.0.19

What I am curious about is using the connector where phpBB2 is being served as a virtual host under apache. My setup is:

holtzclaw.dyndns.org (virtual host for joomla)
/usr/local/www/joomla

holtzphpbb.dyndns.org (virtual host for phpBB2)
/usr/local/www/phpBB2

Any suggestions?

The other part that I am unclear on is setting up the url_links for the menu item. What should the "Link:" value be?

Things that I have tried:

When installing/configuring the connector, I used "phpBB2" as the path, but saw errors where it appeared that the connector expected phpBB2 to exist under joomla.

I then tried "/usr/local/www/phpBB2" as the path to phpbb. That didn't seem to gain me anything, so I created a symbolic link under "joomla" for phpBB2 to back up to the physical location. That didn't seem to do much either.

Any assistance would be appreciated.:)

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 9 months ago #4121 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:phpBB
I have a buddy who is much more sophisticated than I am in terms of installing things...he was checking out the PHPBB connector today and commented that it expects the path www.YourSite.com/forum .

If memory serves, he said it expects Joomla to be installed in the root directory of your site, not in its own directory on your site. Once he edited the path, it worked. You can see users posts on the appropriate CB tab.

It's 1.07 and the latest version of PHPBB on Apache. We have shared hosting.

Roger

Moderators: beatnantkrileon